Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Video: Granados--Quejas ó la maja y el ruiseñor

This video is my HD remake of Enrique Granados' wonderful The Maiden and The Nightingale from Goyescas. That leaves just two more HD remakes to do: Liszt's Sonetto 104 del Petrarca and Albeniz' El Puerto. The Liszt is already filmed/recorded, but not edited. Look for it to appear around the end of July/beginning of August.

I feel like my performance of Maiden has really improved over time. But I just went back and watched the old, crappy SD video and the performance wasn't bad. There are definitely some things I prefer in the new one... and there are plenty of very subtle improvements. And of course, the video quality is a million times better. But my playing of the piece hasn't changed as much as I thought.


1 comment:

  1. This is even better than the first one. i really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete