Friday, December 28, 2007

Piano 101: 1. El Puerto

Ok. I had another goal in getting back to the piano. I wanted to build my playing back up well enough to record my old repertoire for my parents. They had to listen to me practice this stuff every day. At the time they were probably sick of hearing it. But it's been almost 20 years, and I thought it would be nice for them to have a record of me playing again. The full project will take me a while, so the recordings will probably come slowly. But the first rough track is here.

I chose to do El Puerto, from Isaac Albéniz' Iberia Suite first. It was one of my favorite pieces to perform, and probably my favorite piece of piano music, period. It could use some polish, but here it is.

Track 1: El Puerto (Isaac Albéniz)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Kenneth, for playing the piano again and for mastering a technology that allows us hear you perform across the miles.

    Because of you we had breakfast in Scotland while listening to your recording from Texas. We have no right to feel so proud of you, but we are filled to the brim with admiration.

    Love, Louise and David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kenneth, it is even better than I remember it. Thanks for recording it. I will listen to it often, and can hardly wait for the next one.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kenneth. The recording is appreciated immensely. You may think it needs polishing, but to us it is more close to perfect already. I am looking forward to additional installments.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I really should know better but I didn't realize just how good you are. That was amazing.

    ReplyDelete